Call For Free Consultation

(248) 456-8243

Who can press charges if someone files a false CPS report?

Q. A custody issue has arisen as retaliation for asking for more child support. Called on two times, both proven false. The issues raised were things only the other parent would know. Who can press charges, the department or myself?
A. It starts with the filing of a police report. Either of you could do it. If you can actually prove that the allegations were false when made and that there was malice towards you then a crime may have been committed. I would make sure you have your proof lined up before going to the police or they will likely blow you off.

Request A Free Consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Call Now Button