Call For Free Consultation

(248) 456-8243

My husband and I are separated, and he moved to another state. He has filed for divorce and custody in his state. What do I do?

If your spouse has moved to another state and filed for divorce and child custody, he would first have to meet residency requirements in that state in order to file. Each state has different laws. If he does not meet all requirements necessary to file, you would be able to contest both the divorce and the custody proceeding. It would be in your best interest to contact an experienced child custody attorney at Paul J. Tafelski, PC to discuss your options. Do not waste time. You may have an opportunity to challenge jurisdiction which will be lost if you wait. It is a great disadvantage to fight your divorce from a different state.

Request A Free Consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Call Now Button