Call For Free Consultation

(248) 456-8243

How do you file a petition to modify child support?

What is the exact process an individual needs to do modify child support? Who do they need to report to?

Typically, they want to go to the Friend of the Court. The Friend of the Court is a division of the family court that tries to administer most of the payments and parenting time issues. They work on behalf of the judges in the family court. Most family law matters will start with dealing with the family court, Friend of the Court.

Usually, the person would file a motion to decrease their child support through the Friend of the Court office. Or, they can do it with the regular court but usually it’s a little bit easier to do it at the Friend of the Court.

Request A Free Consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Call Now Button