Call For Free Consultation

(248) 456-8243

Can I Get visitation of my stepson if my husband passes away?

Q. My husband has a child from a previous relationship and he and I have a child together. My husband is very ill and fears if he passes his ex would never let his son see our daughter. Are there sibling access rights in Michigan that would allow me to petition for visitation of my step son under these possibly fatal circumstances?
A. An interested person may intervene in some circumstances. It is tricky but your daughter should be allowed to have a relationship with her brother. Documenting the strength of the relationship, the intentions of your husband and working to repair that relationship with the ex before it’s too late are all things I would recommend you do at this point.

Request A Free Consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Call Now Button