Best Troy Family Law Attorney
Your family means everything, which is why you would not settle for anything less than the best Troy family law attorney. The problem is figuring out which lawyer will fit your needs, which means you will need to invest some time and effort in researching candidates. Legal experience and knowledge are the obvious qualities to look for, but there are additional considerations.
Our lawyers at the office of Paul J. Tafelski are proud to serve many family law clients in Troy, Oakland County, and throughout Michigan. Please contact our office to schedule a consultation on how our team can assist with disputes and other issues. A few tips on finding the right family law attorney may help with your decision.
- Experience in Family Law Matters: Legal knowledge, backed by years of practice in family law, is among the top factors to consider when looking for a lawyer to represent your interests. You want the confidence of knowing your attorney has faced similar situations to your own and is prepared to handle the related challenges.
- Communication and Availability: Family law can be confusing, so it is understandable that you will have questions and concerns. What you should not expect is the hand-off of your phone call to a legal assistant or paralegal. The best Troy family law attorney will take your call directly, or will get back to you personally for voice and email messages.
- Negotiations Skills: With many family law issues, you need an attorney who can work toward compromise instead of taking on battles. Your most personal relationships are at stake, so you may be willing to negotiate towards a fair, reasonable solution. A lawyer with skills in negotiations can be a valuable asset in avoiding protracted litigation in court.
- Adept at Litigation: There are situations in which negotiations are simply not possible, especially when your safety and that of your family is compromised. Under the circumstances, you will need a legal advocate who knows the relevant laws in Michigan. Plus, there are procedural rules that vary depending on which the type of court where your matter is pending. A lawyer with litigation experience is well-versed in the procedures for different types of family law disputes.
- Compassion: You will certainly feel more comfortable when your attorney empathizes with your situation. Plus, your comfort level increases when you know your lawyer is compassionate. You are more likely to be forthcoming with private details that you may not otherwise share. When it comes to legal representation, you gain an advantage by telling your attorney all details.
Call Now to Schedule a Consultation with an Experienced Family Law Attorney
These tips on finding the best Troy family law attorney may be helpful, but an in-person meeting is crucial for finding the right fit. For more information on our services in the area of family law, please call the office of Paul J. Tafelski at (248) 221-1060 or visit our website. We can schedule a consultation to sit down and hear more about the issues affecting your family.