The Bloomfield Hills family law firm of Paul J. Tafelski, P.C., provides quality, individualized representation to its clients that is aimed at finding long-term solutions to their legal issues. For more than 10 years, the firm’s Oakland County family lawyers have served individuals, families and businesses throughout Michigan, including the Oakland County communities of Bloomfield Hills, Troy, Novi, Royal Oak, Rochester Hills, Farmington Hills, West Bloomfield and Birmingham.
The firm provides legal advice and representation in domestic matters that include:
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: The firm works closely with clients to negotiate agreements that are carefully crafted so as to avoid more legal issues in the future.
- Divorce: The firm is experienced at handling both contested divorces in court and uncontested divorces in mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Asset division: The firm will work aggressively and diligently to make sure its clients’ rights and interests are protected, whether it’s the division of a simple marital estate or a more complex equitable distribution case that involves real estate, stocks, pension plans and business assets.
- Spousal support: The firm has experience in obtaining spousal support, or “alimony,” that is awarded in a separation or divorce on either a temporary or permanent basis. The firm also works with clients on obtaining modifications of spousal support.
- Child custody: The firm offers skilled representation in the often highly emotional area of determining which party receives physical custody of the child, and which party receives visitation rights, or “parenting time.” The firm also assists parents with their requests for change of domicile.
- Child support: Whether a child’s parents are married or unmarried, the firm strives to ensure that both parents are held responsible for providing for their child’s healthcare, education and living expenses as required by Michigan law.
- Domestic violence: The firm recognizes that domestic violence can shatter families and, in some cases, impact matters such as divorce, spousal support, child support and child custody. The firm represents clients in both obtaining and challenging personal protective orders.
The Bloomfield Hills family law firm of Paul J. Tafelski, P.C., emphasizes mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution but will always be prepared to fight for its clients in the courtroom. No matter which Michigan family law issue you face, the firm’s goal is to work tirelessly to resolve your case as successfully, efficiently and discretely as possible. If you are in need of an experienced divorce lawyer to counsel you through your family legal issues, call 248-817-8591 or contact the firm through its online form to schedule an initial consultation and discuss your short-term and long-term plans.